Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sunday

It's another glorious day at Latimers - much too nice to be inside so that's why I'm sitting outside, sipping a piping hot coffee and enjoying the sunshine. I've already been for a walk up to the road, and down to B's shed, taking some photographs along the way. I didn't have Pearl with me though - she was still asleep, so she missed out.

Dolly came over to the gate for a pat as I walked past her enclosure. Neither she nor Sweetie (in the paddock next door) seemed at all concerned about the balloon over near the trees which looked as though it was going to land before it went much further. It did manage to gain altitude though and as I wandered up to the road, I watched it make its way over the sleeping valley in gentle pursuit of another balloon making its way through the sky some way ahead.

Most people know about "hat hair" but now that I've seen it, "helmet hair" seems to be so much worse! A motorbike (one of many today) pulled into the car park under the big yellow Runes ... and the grey-ish nomads on it seemed very comfortable - especially as the woman riding pillion was sitting in almost an armchair, flanked, as she was, by metal satchels made of that gridded tool-box material. It looked very comfortable - and it was up for sale - and drawing lots of attention from the other motorbike folk - and only for $14,000. Who's up for trying something new? I would be except giving my hair, I would need to keep the helmet on ALL the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment