Sunday, November 25, 2012

A new world

Friday afternoon I finally managed to take myself off to SeaWorld's (now not so) new attraction ... Dinosaur Island. I have wanted to go for a while but other things kept coming up ... but with a day off on Friday - and the season passes reduced by 25% on Thursday ... I was "good to go". And go I did. While the animatronics were not fantastic with the dinosaurs - perhaps we have been spoiled into believing they can do so much more with inanimate objects - they were certainly good enough to scare some of the children who were there! Mind you, I was caught unawares once or twice with the movements they did make. I thought it was great to have a "make them move" feature - where you could press buttons to make various bits of some of the dinosaurs move - and while it didn't appear to work when I did it, at least it gave children the idea that they could have some mastery over these goliaths ... because some of them were huge! I had great fun photographing them and wandering around the world seeing the Polar Bears, the extreme stunt jetski show, and the dolphin show - made even better knowing that I have a season pass and can just keep going back and back and back to see those bits I missed this time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment