Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Love those weekends!

Another day - another movie -and a wonderful one! We took refuge from the heat (not that considerable compared to other places - like Sydney where they have recently had the hottest day on record but warm enough for us) in an air-conditioned cinema. We had decided to see "Hitchcock". M had said it was good - and after seeing it, we have to agree with her. Of course, I was hooked, and knew I was always going to see it as soon as I saw the trailers and knew that it dealt with the making of "Psycho". I'm not saying "Psycho" is my favourite movie but it certainly made an impression on me in my formative years and it is one of the only movies I have a scene-by-scene frame shots book of. (I must dig that up and have another look at it.). And who knew that Psycho the story was based on a real body snatcher - but I don't need to go into the details of here ... that's what the interweb is for! But it was good - and well worth watching.

That was Saturday ... which also included breakfast with Mouse and M at Pancakes on the Rocks at Mermaid Beach. As it was my choice, I'd like to say it was the best breakfast we've had, but, alas, it was far from it. Part of that wasn't their fault though - we all had expected much thinner pancakes and different "ratios" - and when our breakfasts did arrive, we were disappointed. Unfortunately, it was downhill from there. It's funny how dining experiences are so subjective!
We made it back to The Markets yesterday and even though A had applied for a leave of absence (and well within the 48-hour period) - we were understandably surprised when she and M were at the Markets-and well before us!

We were a decent crowd with most of the usual suspects-actually, I think we were the core group! It's been a good while since there was just us! We didn't stay with them to dose the Markets though because we had another stop to make-at the Tweed Art gallery - to collect niece L who is staying with us for the next few days. It was good to finally get to the gallery. S and M have been a couple of times - and we're right to sing its virtues! But more on that another time ...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment