Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday

People sometimes say "it's just like riding a bike"- and last night it was time to find out if they were right. We were visiting J and Co and when we returned to their place after a very nice plate of ribs (some of us anyway) J pointed to the bikes and suggested we go for a ride. The gears started whirring in my brain - how long was it since I last rode one, would I remember how, would I be brave enough to try (I haven't been previously when people offered to loan me their two-wheelers!). S decided not to wait (or is that "watch") - leaving me in J's capable hands - have I mentioned previously that J is a nurse? l decided it was probably best not to go on the road so I tried up and down their deck. Several false starts later (no falls, no injuries) I managed to get my knees and legs working in unison - and I was off... as in riding, not as in falling off. I didn't tempt fate by doing more - but I was fairly pleased with myself- even if (as S reported) I was squealing "like a girl". It was as we recapped my adventure that she told me she'd been thinking of getting a bike so she could ride around B's oval. I think that would be a great idea - not as exciting as M's plan to get a kayak -but up there!

The pump man did come but the pump isn't yet working. It seems to be an electrical issue - each time he puts the pump on, it trips the circuit breaker. He didn't have the right gear with him yesterday to isolate the problem - but he'll be back.

There's been no sign of the mower man - and if I wasn't planning to work back this evening (I'm going in later) I know it would be time to bring out the push mower. I'm going to start flexing my shoulder in readiness for the pull cord starter action as soon as I get to work. Who knows ... it may also be a good technique for stretching and staying limber as I work my way through the cost and project reviews. They're early this month so it's all been a bit of a rush.

M is having a couple of days away so I'm in charge of the cat trays while S has taken over sustenance. I'm also doing the Pearl walks - and this morning we saw one of the girls who does the horses. She leaned out the car window to pat Pearl and say she'd see her later for hose play - Pearl loves to help fill the horse waters!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment