Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pumped!

In ... over ... under ... through ... or is that "off"? Welcome to the knitting lesson - which I also took part in when I arrived home and believe me, it has been a while since I picked up a pair of knitting needles - I think it's even longer since when I rode a bike! It is amazing how these things stay with us though. And the memories of when we did them. I was instantly back in John Street with my Auntie Ronice teaching me how to knit. It must have been an incredibly thankless task for her though now that I think about it - back then my stitches were tight - so tight it was almost impossible to move them along the needles. My sewing samplers were not much better ... overworked, scrunched up and perhaps even a little grubby ... sewing wasn't really my forte and I never really did graduate to proper sewing. But I did knit a jumper once - for me, in my high school colours (brown and blue)but that was on a knitting machine. I don't think L is going to need a knitting machine ... she has done quite well - and even better on Day 2 - although there wasn't a lot of time for knitting given how busy they were ... pancakes with Mouse for breakfast, then on to Southport RSL for Bingo, before heading off to Daniel Stuart's for lunch with Honeybun (what L used to call Mi when she first met her) and the others. No-one can say S hasn't done some different things with L while she has been visiting - not everyone gets to go to Trivia and Bingo when visiting the Gold Coast. It was good that S took L to see "The Life of Pi" as well ... especially as it resulted in lots of discussion about the meaning of the film and Richard Parker and "nom nom nom".

M had an interrupted sleep the night before last - the tank pump kept turning on (going off? ... English is a wonderful language) every 12 minutes or so - and she was up checking that no taps had been left on. She couldn't find any - but in the morning she did find the problem and called in the plumber ... who came (as he said he would - something not all tradies do) yesterday morning. Hopefully she had a better sleep last night. Now she just needs Allen the electrician to come to finally fix the bore pump problem. The pump people have said it's not the pump but an electrical issue and while they offered their electrician to investigate the problem, M decided it was best to stay with who she knew ... and would turn up as planned ... he's reliable as well! The good news during all of these pump issues is that we have been getting some rain (keeping me off ROM) but at least it has been putting water back into the tank!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment