Monday, February 11, 2013

Sunday

It was a busy day at the Markets - and we were a decent-sized group again thanks to the addition of the Turkish component as well as Sy and An! It's a long time for the little ones to sit as the adults catch up over coffee and a table that was all but groaning under the weight of food - some purchased, cooked at the Markets but lots of it home-made! And all of it was yummy. E is still away so we were surprised when Ba arrived! He hadn't made it last week so it was good to see him and to have everyone make a fuss over him. But the biggest fuss is reserved for the children, Mu and Za. True to last week's "toys" (the balloons which we all enjoyed) Az had a ball each for the little ones this week - a yellow one for Mu, orange for Za; and to make them extra special, Az had each marked with something - I especially liked the robot on Mu's. But the balls had to wait their turn - for some reason (which I can totally see) the children seemed to prefer playing with M's iPad and iPhone - that kept them entertained for a good while (was it really an I hour?)! As usual, we were again the last ones at the Markets; it could have been because they were having too much fun trying to get their balls into the (very clean) garbage bins - and chasing them around the markets when they missed - but this wekk the children didn't cmment on that we were the last ones there!

I think they were off to Robina afterwards. They were there yesterday and, judging from the photographs, Mu and Za had a great time in the big bubbles there - the ones where the kids are sealed inside and released onto the lake!

S and I stopped in at Baskin & Robbins Nerang for a cold treat before making our way back to Latimers. I had some inside work to do (now, where are those bits of paper I'm looking for ... and the camera charger!) before finally getting back on ROM to do part of Hermes' paddock. Even I have to admit that I've come a long way since we arrived when I would do anything not to be in the paddock alone with Hermes! Yes, yes, I know he's lovely but it's my stuff - and, admittedly, it has more to do with the horse that stood on my foot when I was six! And probably the cattle that used to be in the paddock between the house and the school bus when we lived in the country when I was around four. Now, I have to admit that I'm more cautious about snakes being in the paddock ... although that might be lucky given that it's now Year Of The Snake! Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment