Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday (again)

It was good to be on ROM again - and the grass around the house is now short-ish again (it has grown overnight ... seriously!) And now the sun is out and shining brightly this morning, you know that grass is going to spend today growing as well! Ah ... the cycle of life. (Which reminds me, we need to get M's birthday bicycle back to Latimers!) It must have been funny to anyone watching yesterday as I wandered out every 20 minutes or so onto the grass, had a detailed conversation (okay debate) with myself about whether it was dry enough to mow, then checking the sky for approaching clouds! I didn't time it too badly - I was just doing the strip between the house and Hermes' paddock when the rain (a light shower) started again. Time to finish... and I did/had ... and the rain held off long enough for me to get back to the shed and air-hose ROM down before stowing it away.

Otherwise it was a fairly gentle day. M had taken herself off to the dentist first up and then off to do whatever she does. S and I went for breakfast in Nerang, checked the mail (my business cards have arrived!), and then home again - where, despite very my best intentions, I did not clear/clean my desk area but I did manage to catch up with a couple of episodes of Revolution ... and emptied my email InBoxes (I deleted some but mostly I filed or put them into the "deal with later" folder ... but, even so, I still feel pretty virtuous.)

That Pearl dog seems to be getting a little less fond of exercise. I took her out to the lane when I arrived home from a visit to the Q Centre; she came out, did her business and then went to race back inside! I stopped her but you could tell that was really all that she wanted to do. It was raining - but that's really no excuse for her not wanting to come on the walk down the lane. But since then she's been a bit better! Even though it's still raining - off and on - but a lot.

M and I managed to get all of the yard mowed yesterday except for the tiny bit in the middle of the lawn where the water seems to pool. When I drove over it on ROM, all the mud rose to the surface and the ground squelched under-wheel. Even with this, we still managed to make it into Broadbeach on time to go out for Fe's birthday dinner at Zen. Everyone had a good time - especially Mü and Ze - when they discovered (and were allowed to have) the marshmallows of a very long skewer which spelled out "Happy Birthday" (as found by M). The children spent most of the evening cleaning - it started out with a plate and then extended to the wine cooler and then the chairs. I didn't find out until today at the Markets (it was good to be back) that the very industrious children had been trying to charge the others for their cleaning services.

After the Markets (well-attended by the usual suspects except for Va who has had to go "home" to Europe as her mother is ill) - it was off to SeaWorld with the children. Luckily, it didn't rain all the while we were there - just when we'd taken our seats for the Dolphin Show, but still, the children didn't mind, especially given how wet they, their Mother and I managed to get at Castaway Island after much water canon fire! It was a pity it was so wet otherwise there might have been photographs.

Meanwhile, M and Me were getting ready to go to "A Night To Remember". Hopefully they will have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment