Friday, March 1, 2013

Thursday

l am officially unemployed! This afternoon I drove out of the Lend Lease site parking lot for the last time on the payroll! While it was sad to leave, knowing I will not be seeing these folk daily again, it's nice to know I'm starting out with "the next chapter"!

It has stopped raining (mostly) and hopefully it will hold off tomorrow so I can have the chance to jump on ROM for a ride around. Even though M mowed on the weekend, the grass has grown long and is in need of a good trim, and it's high time ROM was out of that shed again!

M [as part qf her Birthday activities (?) (Happy Birthday M!)] took Ze to see The Mermaid and the Surfer. While I had thought it could be about a media magnate who spent far too much time on the net and a young girl, lost at sea in a lifeboat (no Richard Parker in sight) with her legs covered in a blanket with a fishtail motif - it was actually, according to initial reports, an environmental tale. D'oh. I liked the sound of my version better.

Tink, Maggie and Pearl seem to be fine, although from time to time one of them does have a "moment" but these seem to pass. Tink spends some nights in with S and I, but often not, eschewing the bed for the back of her lounge chair.

M took Ze and Mu out for Sushi this afternoon; Ha used to love Sushi when he was out here and it looks like the others might be the same. They could do much worse!

Mu really seems to be enjoying school - he's up and getting into his uniform at 6:30 - but he thinks he's still getting short-charged on the contents of his lunchbox Fe doesn't know how that can be the case - she fills it each day with enough to fed two grown men!

I have promised the children that I will get us a pair of spy camera sunglasses to try out and play with. I have received an email confirmation today from the company that they have been shipped and will arrive within a couple of days. I haven't told the children yet- I know how excited I am - so I can't imagine how they will be ... or maybe I could - only today S told me that I was sometimes like a 5-year-old boy.

I'll have to check out what's happening at the Queensland Museum. M is planning to take the children and it would be nice to know what's in store for them. Hopefully it's dinosaurs! And hopefully they love dinosaurs too! But then, who does not - as long as they're not looking to eat you!

No comments:

Post a Comment