Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thursday

The new horse next door is Lottie - yes, the same Lottie we saw racing the other day. (Lottie is her paddock name.) In what can only be more bad news for M & L, Lottie had a bleed from the nose after her race on Saturday which means she cannot race again here in Australia. I'm not sure what this means for her but we'll find out in coming days. Even though we're sorry her racing career is over, S and I are both glad that we did get the chance to see her race. And isn't it just as well Jeanne was relocated the other day or it may have been a bit cramped in the paddocks over there!
It's not surprising but it is raining again here at Latimers. I know it will stop - it would just be nice to know when so we can plan (mowing) around it. Although if it does keep raining, there's a good chance I'll get the fertilizer onto the grass so it can be soaked in! But the washing needs to be done as well. Did someone say swings and roundabouts? Or tradeoffs?
Never discount the power of advertising. That's how the cats - and maybe Pearl - have a new pet cover on the lounge. M saw it in a catalogue over the weekend and picked it up yesterday. Beasley was on it last night and again this morning - and seems to be very comfortable there, possibly because where it is is traditionally Maggie's spot but for some reason of late she has taken to sleeping on a pillow on the bed in the spare room at the other end of the house. It's good because we know where to find her but it will be interesting when she's had enough and wants to reclaim her "rightful" spot - and she will!
It did fine up this afternoon but there was no chance to jump on the mower - we were too far away since we were shopping at Robina. S bought a nice new coat which she is very happy with and which looks very nice on her. I purchased a new thermos travel mug which I am trying to test but each time I put it to my lips, I get scared that its advertising blurb is right and I've made my drink so hot that I'm going to get burned. It's a slightly different drinking experience but I am starting to get used to it - but not in a foolhardy way. Is this what they call a drinking problem? I'm off to Toowoomba tomorrow so I'll give it a field test.