Friday, October 17, 2014

Thursday

As planned, the girls went off to their breakfast with Julia Gillard this morning. I was very impressed when I had a message just after 6:30 from Sooz saying they were at the venue in good time. It had meant an early start for them but it was well worth it. They both enjoyed it. In a way I'm sorry I didn't go, but I'm the only one who has started reading her book out of the three of us ... and I would have wanted to have finished it by the time I heard her ...

I'm looking forward to seeing the photographs. M had tried to take some but her phone was not quite up to the task but luckily someone there took her business card and offered to send her some pictures.

After breakfast, Sooz and M went off to Harbourtown. There was shopping to be done and with Bertha it meant Sooz could stock up on a few things and bring them home. And since they were there when the Turkish place Mi had recommended was open, they had a light lunch of dips and bread.

Sooz was tired by the end of the day and didn't want to come in to The Big House tonight (Thursday is a very good television night she told me) so I went in and met M and we had Zen dinner (with leftovers for Sooz) before we went upstairs for a coffee (they are down to their very last double-walled coffee mug that everyone loves so much ... they keep breaking in the dishwasher) and some Numbers. There were a couple of Asian girls there and they were having a fabulous time at the Table ... and it was fun to watch them. They were so excited ... and even though one of them professed not to know much about what was happening ... they were doing rather well. I was happy to watch ... but not as happy as Sooz was last night at Latimers when Maggie chose to sleep on the bed with her. Tinka didn't ... she was sleeping on Pearl's bed ... but Maggie stayed with her all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment