Friday, October 17, 2014

Tuesday

We have broadband! It's not exceptionally fast but it is there! Now if only I could get the phone line working! But that isn't going to be today at this rate. But I was able to watch one of my programs, so I was very happy about that. It has been a while. What would we do without iView I ask you.

Ka came today ... she has agreed to come to clean Jannie fortnightly for us - luckily she is doing a place up at Helensvale on a Tuesday as well, so it works out quite well for us all. Sooz has missed her so it was good for her to have the opportunity to catch up.

Meanwhile, back at work, I was catching up with site diaries and other construction-related odds and sods. We are nearing the end of the main contract and any day now the three lanes on both sides of the Motorway will be open to traffic. This is a major milestone!

Riki and Miki take turns at being sociable and then not. They don't both seem to be out of their litle hidey-hole at the same time ... and if they didn't have different collars, and the missing whiskers on one of them, you would truly be hard-pressed to know there are two of them.

There was another "shiny thing" (thanks for the terminology M) coming into the house again today - or, to be more precise, into the garage because that's where it is until I take it out of the box and put together what bits of it need to be put together ... and then I will be able to mow the lawn! There is a good chance I am going to have to get a whipper-snipper at some point too ... well, that's what I'm saying anyway ... you know I've always wanted one!

No comments:

Post a Comment