Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wednesday

There is no doubt about it-the mornings are getting lighter. I am still struggling to believe that it will be Daylight Savings Time next weekend. I am still on Latimers time in the mornings... with plenty of time left over to feed the furries if they were here instead.

M visited Sooz today and was saying Tinka is still sleeping on Pearl's bed. I'm not sure where Pearl's moved to, although she had been sleeping beside M's bed. We do miss those furries ... it's just not the same stretching out in bed and not having to mind Tinka, or being able to stretch down to give her a "little chuck under the chin"- she likes that. She's let me pat her the last two times I was at Latimers, but she wasn't totally enthusiastic about it. Hopefully, in time, she will forget that she's unhappy with us ... Pearl too.

The missing giraffes have been found! Thanks M who located them behind the chest of drawers in the bedroom. We had been looking all over for them and I'm sure one of us would have looked behind the drawers sooner if someone had had any recollection that we had had them up in the bedroom - before I put them away to put the night photos up. Hmmm ... thinking about that, I had up until now thought that they had been about "light" but just as equally they could have been about "dark". Funny what you think about!

Sooz has had a good go at the unpacking today and, doing my part, where I hadn't yesterday because of the dentist, I did spend some time tonight sorting out my clothes. I am taking Sooz's advice of separating summer from winter attire - and the "off" season will be stored somewhere other than the bedroom closet. There's still a bit to go but, as they say, the longest journey starts with a ... well, I actually don't know what they say. But I do know what they say about eating an elephant ... one bite at a time!

The drive in to work still takes about 17 minutes but that may change when the school holidays end next week. Still, I am leaving early enough to beat the traffic!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment