Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tuesday

I would have raced home to do some more unpacking this afternoon, but I had a dental appointment instead. I know which I would have preferred! But it didn't take as long as expected and I only looked a little like I had been in a cage fight … and lost. Da did a good job though and once my lip goes down I'll have a better look at what they've done.

Work was busy again today - End of Month continues - but the hard slog needs to be finished by lunchtime tomorrow so I'm planning to go in a bit early to make some headway - and make up some of the time I lost this afternoon.

Sooz had a busy day at Jannie - she is starting to get it organised - lining the shelves. sorting out the cupboards and the kitchen, unpacking boxes, thinking about which pictures will go on which walls. There's still lots to do though but we just need to keep plugging away. I was pretty impressed I have been able to find some things as I have needed them - like my healthcare card for the dentist. I can't help but wonder where a lot of other things are but I know they will safely tucked away in one of the boxes. Hours of fun!

Sooz and I went to Sharks Club last night - as an alternative to going in to Southport RSL where Trivia wasn't on. I'd like to say it was a wonderful experience but it was full of folk and very noisy. The food wasn't that good either - Sooz suggested it was on a par with Southport. I think she was being a little generous.

But it was good in that after dinner we lingered for a few moments to have a little play on the machines - and Sooz ended up paying for dinner with the winnings. Good job!

There is birdsong in the mornings here but I am missing the sound of the cows and the horses - and, of course, the Latimers furries.

No comments:

Post a Comment