Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 92 (Monday)

I was fairly tired when I went to bed last night because as I was doing Saturday's entry I ended up writing gibberish which I had to go back and correct this morning. I haven't been that tired for a while - you know the kind - where you know you are too tired to be doing something (hopefully not driving lest it turn into that joke: when I go I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather not screaming in terror like his passengers) and you know you are falling asleep but you persist even though you are failing. Badly. But at least the iPad didn't fall off the bed.

Latimers was in darkness (the lights were on but the sun had gone down long before) when I returned home this evening but Pearl and S raced out to give me a lovely greeting. She was in the middle of cooking dinner while M was working quietly on her special project although she did interrupt herself to get the rice ready as she helped S. Hopefully there will be leftovers for lunch although if it is good as it usually is this might fall into the miracle category - but miracles do happen - as evidenced by the canonization of Sister Mary Mackillop at the Vatican over the weekend. This is Australia's first Saint and probably a good Catholic would be able to reveal the nature of the two miracles that led to her "qualifying" for sainthood. But Wikipedia works as well and both cases were women who were cured of cancer - one in 1961 the other in 1993. Both were in Rome for the ceremony.

The river at the Crossing must be up tonight. As I was about to cross, a car coming from the other direction stopped in the middle of the bridge. While I couldn't see what they were looking at - it was dark by then - they had stopped in a position which would allow them to see the river level. They were still parked there as I drove away around the corner at least until I couldn't see them any more. Hopefully the bridge will still be there in the morning (I may have been watching too many horror/thriller movies of late).

Uncharacteristically, everyone was in early tonight - so much so that when supper cookie time finally arrived, and we were going into "lock down" Maggie decided it was time to go out and she did manage to escape before being coaxed (as in "carried") in a short while later. At least she isn't as elusive as Tink when she decides she wants to be out.

And speaking of out, Hermes is still on holidays over the fence so it will be interesting to see if we can get to his other paddock before his return.