Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 96 (Friday)

Pearl has become computer literate. She sent me an e-card today telling me she was ready to play! I think she may have had some help from her mother but it was a lovely surprise even if she only wanted a short play. All that typing and popping in a picture of herself must have worn her right out.

S is still down with the lurgy and at this rate it isn't going to leave her quickly. She has agreed, though, that if she isn't feeling substantially better tomorrow, then she will go to the doctor. Unfortunately, when she agreed to this this evening, it was too late to make an appointment with one so we'll have to chase one up in the morning.

M went off with F and Mouse tonight to a cocktail party for the launch of the GC600 V8 motor race which is being held on the Coast over the next couple of days. It is a big event and parking is obviously at a premium because they have converted part of the Gold Coast Showgrounds over to parking - and it is a way away from the circuit. M posted photographs on FaceBook of F and some young thing - who she later explained wasn't just a "young thing" but the student who had boarded with F and M some time ago. She is an Indy Girl (I think that's what they're called) helping to promote the GC600. The other photo she had of huge plastic balls - with a person in each - in the pool - looked stunning.

Back here at Latimers, the rest of us were having a fairly quiet night ... in bed by not much after 8.30pm. The kids wanted to go out and as it was too early for lock down - I thought I'd leave them go for a while, try to stay awake and then bring them in a bit later. That wasn't to be. For some reason, at the end of a long week, and probably because I still have a bit of my own lurgy hanging around all I could do was fall asleep on the couch - not sure what it was I thought I was going to watch on television - and then drag myself off to bed not that long after.