Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friday

Cold? Cold? I don't think so - only because it passed cold about an hour ago and has now slipped into "brrrrrrrr". I didn't notice icicles on the line this morning but to be fair I think my eyes were, similar to Audrey's in "Christmas Vacation" when the family goes into the wilderness in search of the perfect tree, frozen. As I sit in Zarraffas having breakfast, and still not warm, I wonder about those great cafes in Europe where writers would go to stay warm and work on their craft. J K Rowling, of the Potter proses, was one of them. It wouldn't have worked here - the floor to ceiling windows give a great view and let loads of natural light in - but they also seeem to attract the cold.
I can't imagine how the horses are dealing with the cold. It was 10 degrees (Celsius) below average yesterday and overcast so it wasn't even as though there were patches of sun they could warm up in.
I also can't help but think about the folk we saw tucked into doorways in the Sydney CBD with their blankets and how they must be suffering in the cold. The Homelessness project is about to happen with senior business leaders challenged to "sleep out" for a night to raise money for the St Vincent de Paul Society. Will it be eough to make a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment