Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday

Were those ice cubes floating down the creek at the back this morning? Well, if they were I wouldn't have seen them because it was dark again when I left home. Luckily I had seen Tink go round the back of Lars so I knew she would be lounging on the driveway somewhere between the car and the gate. She's a brave cat - or one with a very thick woolly coat to even think about doing it. Beasley had already put himself back to bed and neither of the others was up yet - nor Pearl. And Emma was warm and toasty - and not going far - with S who is still not well and was going to spend the day in bed or as close to it as practical.
S was still receiving birthday greetings today and I will have to go past the post box to check for any new cards that might have arrived since I checked the mail yesterday.
It continues to be cold and as I sit in one of the local Asian stores waiting for some nice nourishing and warming soup to take home to S, I cannot fathom how it is colder in their shop than it is outside! I can't wait to get back outside again - and I really didn't believe I would be saying that today.
One of the folk at work put it fairly succinctly - she couldn't understand how it was that she'd walked out of the door of the office and straight into Melbourne - which is at least two states south. J, also from the office and recently returned from a holiday in sunny Greece, is not really looking forward to her weekend in Sydney. If she needed a scarf for up here today, she's going to need a wardrobes-worth if this translates in anyway to Sydney weather.
This is really the first time at Latimers that I have seriously considered putting a jumper or a coat on - and those furries had better want to spend time in tonight because I have a feeling the doors are going to spend a fair amount of time closed ... and/or whoever is home is going to spend a bit of time getting up and down to let them in and out.
There is supposed to be frost on the morrow and M said I would know by the icicles hanging from the washing line or the thin layer of ice on the outside water bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment