Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wednesday

M drove S up to Brisbane this afternoon so she is set for an early morning registration at her conference tomorrow. i didn't realise it but the Dalai Lama isn't at the conference until Friday - which makes sense given all the other activities he is doing around Australia in his time here - although meeting with our Prime Minister Julia Gillard is not one of them (so much for a secular state and a division between religion and government).
Back here at Latimers, the ride-on mower is still at the Deere Hospital and, as yet, there is still no word of its return. I hope this doesn't mean it is badly broken.
Wednesday night is draw night at The Big House and I went in to keep M company and to try my luck on CSP. The cards were just not falling my way so I cut my session short and went for a wander to look at the other games on offer (there is no shortage of them) and finally settled in to watch Three Card Poker (TCP) - which is not entirely dissimilar to CSP. M told me later that if people can't get onto the CSP table (apparently there are more than a few folk eager to try to win the $180,000-odd jackpot) they mosey on down to TCP. It took me about half an hour to work out the betting and pay systems but didn't get around to playing - that will need to wait for another time.
I have joined one of the diversity ERGs (I wonder what that stands for) and today was my first meeting. I had forgotten what teleconferences were like; it has been a long while since work required I do one. It seems like a good, very engaged group and I think I am going to enjoy being on it very much - it will be good to have the opportunity to give something back.
Well, as predicted, S and M had no trouble yesterday or today filling in the time where they would have been doing charity telemarketing. Although I think M isn't enjoying her current past-time which seems to have something to do with an ongoing discussion she is having with one of her financial institutions.
And, speaking of telemarketers, M did hear from S last night but there are no current plans for a gettogether. This is a shame because sometimes you can tell that people need one but they just don't realise how much. I can't help but feel that S is at that stage.
The puzzle books for the week arrived at Latimers last night and I enjoyed the half hour or so it took me to fill in the answers that Mouse had left blank. Some of those puzzles are getting quite difficult now - especially the trivia one - although some people could refer to it as the Google one because that's where a lot of my answers are coming from! The only problem with this is that once I have Googled the answers, there's no way I can retain the newly-found knowledge. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment