Sunday, December 25, 2011

Saturday

Christmas Eve. M took us out to breakfast at Ferry Road Markets (thanks M) - and even though we have had lunch there some time ago, this was the first time for breakfast. And except for the fact that there were just a few too many flavours on my plate, it was wonderful - and next time I might choose something "plain". I had the Eggs Benedict with ham (mushroom, spanish onion and something else I wasn't sure what it was); S had the corn fritters with scrambled eggs; and M had braised beef with beans and some very lovely toast (on the side). Then we split up - to leave M to do shopping - and I took myself off to Greenhouse - a shop I had found in the Ferry Road Complex last year and not bought a wallet I wanted at the time - and then each time I've gone back, they haven't had it. They didn't have it today either and I decided to get one anyway and was weighing two designs, really, one in each hand, getting a feel for them (Star Trek or Three Ring Binder; Star Trek or Three Ring Binder) when one of the shop assistants came up and asked who I was buying for and when I said "me" she said "definitely Star Trek". She asked if I wanted it gift-wrapped - yes please, and then she rubbed out the price on the tag so I wouldn't know how much I'd spent. I took that opportunity, as she was ringing up the purchase to say I had been surprised when I went outside to where the shop had been and it had moved - but I was pleased to find it had moved inside the complex. I said I came along every time I was in the area to check out the wallets and see if they had the AirMail one ... and then, Christmas miracle, she said "wait a minute", walked over to a corner of the shop (behind the counter) and came back with 'THE WALLET". Happy happy joy joy. Then I went back to get S to show her some of the other things they had in store - particularly their tech hold-all bags - talk about wonderful. She then dragged me out of the shop and we went off to ... I would say "finish Christmas errands" but S had already done that ... so it was off home to start packing (for me) and to finish the Christmas wrapping (for her). It is truly amazing, both she and M mentioned, how long it takes to wrap.

Christmas Carols filled the evening (and more wrapping) until M came home. I finished cleaning off my desk, some file preparation, and finally sending off Mouse's photographs - she has a sweet potato that looks like a duck - and even more so now, apparently, as it has started to sprout wings, then it was time for bed ... because tomorrow is ... CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment