Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday

What I want to know is how Pearl knows it isn't Saturday when the signs suggest it is - i.e. I haven't gone off to work, Emma is sitting out the front with me having a drink of the outside water, the others aren't up yet (although maybe they're not up yet on other mornings too). When I mentioned this this morning - feeling that it would be too sad to go out to breakfast without Pearl - M said it was okay because Pearl knows that if it's raining, she stays at home. And it was raining. But what happens tomorrow? Nothing as it turns out as tomorrow is Friday and I will be in Toowoomba not at Latimers ... and the next day, come rain or shine, is Saturday. It's also Christmas Eve. And there might be some more exterior illumination in our futures. M has the Gold Coast Bulletin's article with the names and addresses of the Christmas Lights Competition entrants - and there are some good ones - the winner - in Ashmore which is not too far afield to visit.

It was lovely having a leisurely start to the day although downloading the free version of SIMS may not have been the best use of my time, Especially as I failed all attempts to get my newly-created SIM, a female, to complete her second goal which you have to do before you can move to the third goal and so on. I did get her to have a shower though and I possibly would have achieved more life points by having her doing it naked - but that did not seem to be an option - her "least" state of dress appears to be a bikini. I'm not sure I won't resort to the Interweb to get some information on how to make Goal No. 2 happen - someone out there has to know.

The drive to Toowoomba was without incident - and also without many sightings (two only!) of other vehicles with reindeer antlers and nose - and one of them was at the service station at the top of the range in Toowoomba.

D and E came round this afternoon for a while, and J was already here with M when I arrived, so it was more or less a full house - and Mum is recuperating well from her gallbladder operation.

Back at Latimers ... it was raining and by the time I left it looked as all the furries had settled in for the afternoon, including Emma who has taken up temporary residence in the cupboard.

The Energex people arrived just before lunch to take away the tree branches they had cut down from around the power lines yesterday. They loaded them into the mulcher and were done and gone in under 5 minutes. I should have offered them a six-pack to take the rest of the yard debris which is destined for the tip before Christmas too - d'oh. What do you call someoe who has thoughts like that but way too late after the the point where it would have been useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment