Friday, December 9, 2011

Wednesday

The date seems as though it should be "something" but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. If it doesn't come to me soon, I'm going to have to go to the interweb and do a search. Hmmm, hard to know if it's the first use of the instant replay or the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. Both changed the world.

It is still raining here at Latimers so there's a fairly good chance that it will fill the tank and means M may not need to buy water. I had mentioned the other day that rather than doing that we could convert the back of the 4-wheel drive into a big tank and just go round collecting it from public places. That, of course, would be "wrong" but not an idea that other people haven't already had and carried through - as M said, that's why all the ... I want to call them spigots but they're really tap handles were removed from taps in parks and at beaches and at other public venues - because people were taking tanks, barrels, you name it, and helping themselves to water. So, the question is, if you could monitor and pay for water at a park, would it be cheaper than having a load of water delivered (not counting the initial set-up costs of having the back of the 4-wheel drive converted).

S made it back to the dentist today - which she was pleased about as she had chipped a tooth late last week (this may have happened at the hospital) but worse still, and maybe not related to the tooth already having been compromised - she bit into something and the corner of her tooth fell out. As both she and M commented, it is amazing how one's appearance is changed when bits of your teeth are missing. Anyway, the dentist was able to fix the damage and S is really happy with the job she did - especially since S is still fighting the lurgy from earlier this week. (Why do dentists wear face masks? Is it so they don't catch whatever their patients have or so they don't give them what they've got?)

We didn't make it to CSP this evening. The jackpot has not yet been won although M says some people have been close and S says she has the feeling it is going to go off soon - it was about this time last year it went off and it would make a lovely Christmas bonus! As would L's horse winning it's race today - but alas, it did not. It's a shame because it had been doing quite well in trials. (Going through my paperwork the other day - doing my tax - I came across a TAB ticket for when one of L's other horses raced. I can't remember if it was this time that it didn't place and while I could take the ticket in and find out - I think I was keeping it for a reason - which just escapes me at the moment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment