Thursday, August 30, 2012

Making the bed ...

Prince is still staying with us and appears to have adjusted well to the Latimer routines. I'm lucky enough to take him for a couple of laps down the lane when I get home from work - which is great because it's helping me get my steps.

There have been no Free Passes awarded yet-but there may be tomorrow unless I can manage to get 6000 steps in this evening; with the very late night yesterday and the dentist after work today, my routine has suffered. But there is still time ... and the treadmill and television at home.

H's Show Day here tomorrow and I am Very much looking forward to the long weekend this affords us. I'm not sure what's on the cards yet, but it will be good to have a little lie-in and be able to take Prince and Pearl for a morning walk as well.

I don't think S is as keen to go to SeaWorld and Dinosaur Island as I am but I'll mention it just in case she has been harbouring a secret desire to play with the reptiles. Of course, if Clive Palmer had his way, it might be possible to play with the real thing and not animatronics.

The cats seem to be mostly used to Prince but they still give him a wide berth. M has been trying to convince them that he is more scared of them but they aren't convinced. If he wasn't so excited sometimes (read: yappy) it might be different.

The big news of the week is that M has made a great start on the vegetable garden down the back, and sprucing up the ones at the front. It's good too because as well as providing some homegrown produce, it's something the whole household can be involved in; I'm getting a bit better at pushing the wheelbarrow with the dirt!

Mouse seems to have settled back in after her time in Turkey, We still have to watch the Russian television show with her so she can translate for us. (And we still have to see the rest of M's holiday snaps!)

No comments:

Post a Comment