Monday, August 6, 2012

Market Day

The day was fine and after inflating ROM's tyre on Saturday - and it still being up yesterday - I did the mowing. It was good, too, because we had come straight home from the Markets so I was on the mower just after 12 and finished by just after 2, leaving me with a couple of hours to zip back into Nerang and go to Zarraffa's for a well-earned coffee and some work on Samagrams - which turned into reading episodes of QI (as hosted by Stephen Fry) after stumbling on them as I tried to find verification of Houdini's 91 minutes underwater performing an escape way back in 1926. I never did ... but QI was great .. giving a fact by fact breakdown of what had been in each show!

S's parrots were around again this morning - but as non-cooperative as always: each time I saw them (twice) and went to get the camera, they had flown away by the time I got back! But they are amazing to look at. I was telling S that I thought I had seen a notice about lost parrots somewhere recently (it takes a while for me to put things together in my head) - so I'll see if I can find it again - it was at one of the shopping centres I think - and see if they are their birds. Also, on the bird front, M was saying that the white galahs (not to be confused with the more common white cockatoo) were back.

Hermes was over at the fence as we were leaving this morning and he is, as M said, "looking good". She gave him some carrot, before picking some lemons for distribution at the markets this morning.

We were a reduced crowd - F was off golfing, Mouse and Mi are still overseas - but we could have been even smaller; F had told M and A that the markets were off and they had been not going to come until M rang them and assured them we were still going, even if F was unable to make it!

It's still cool in the evenings and I think the heater even made an appearance last night - which should have been enough to guarantee a gathering of the furries - but they were nowhere to be seen (except for Pearl and Beazley) when MasterChef All Stars was on. And no-one was hanging around - the main lights were off and everyone was in bed by 9:30 (all the better to get ready and recharged for the new week!).

No comments:

Post a Comment