Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sleepless in Latimers

There was a lovely mist in the valley this morning which also means it Is,,, COLD. But it's also getting to be quite light by the time I leave. As 1 drove along the Southport-Nerang road this morning I was treated to the most magnificent sunrise! It was blood red and set against the backdrop (or would that be foreground?) of the Southport Skyscrapers which sounds slightly more poetic than the "Southport high buildings".

It would be fair to say that none of us had the world's greatest sleep last night. S is not well and banished everyone from the bedroom so she could try to sleep - and not risk sharing her lurgy. M had three of the four furries in with her and they were up and down all night. Even though I was sleeping down the back, I didn't hear any of it - except for the 4 o'clock session. I did manage to get back to sleep but wish I hadn't because I was plagued with nightmares after that and when I was finally rescued by the alarm, I was exhausted!

The outlook was quite different this afternoon. There are fires in the area and a thick pall of smoke is hanging just behind the Motorway, and the rest of this part of the Coast is under a thick veil of smoke. It would not be good to have respiratory issues today.They must be planned burn-offs because even though it was as thick at lunchtime as when I left work, there has been nothing on the news about it.

I don't think mentioned but Big Brother (based at DreamWorld) started broadcasting again this week. I tuned in last night but tuned out again within a minute as we were treated to a close-up of one of the contestant's dreadlocks and voiceover saying how nice people thought it/they smelt. The word "lemon" may have been mentioned. No, better I spend my (rare) time in control of the television watching something else!

The furries were difficult to settle last night. I must have opened the door for Maggie to come in and go out about a dozen times. The others* also went in and out a number of times but at least they can let themselves in and out ... and this was before M came home - and we know they continued to be "restless".

*It's amazing how much more sinister the furries sound if you refer to them as "The Others". What a difference a capital letter makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment