Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday

"Spoke" with Ne on FaceBook last night. She is safely back in London and resuming normal activities. She had a good visit and says she will try to make it for longer next time so she can catch up with more folk. That's one of the big problems of visiting folk - it's hard to fit everything and everybody in. We all know this from our visits "home" - wherever that might be.

I've been laid low for the last couple of days with an ear infection - absolutely no fun but the antibiotics are starting to have some effect now - and the painkillers. The last time I had an ear infection was when I was travelling for work ... and having it again, I don't know how I put up with it for over a week ... especially since the pain was such 1 couldn't open my mouth properly. That's one of the reasons I was so quick to go to the doctor as soon as I realised what it was this time. (Thanks S and M for taking taking good care of me!)

It's been raining again here at Latimers - which is good as the bore pump still hasn't been fixed - although now it's a bit closer since the electricity line to the pump has been marked out (although the rain is doing its best to wash the marker paint away). Who knew there was such a thing as an electricity diviner - the same as a water diviner but for electricity. And who knew there could be a need for diviners in this day and age - but there is ... and one was instrumental in helping find the leak in the pipe (up near the stable) - unfortunately, I don't know what instrument he used - whether it was a forked twig like you see in the old movies. But they did find it!

The Commonwealth Games logo was unveiled yesterday and there have been varying responses to it - most favourable, some puzzled, some critical. And they started a surfboard clock to countdown the days to the start of the games ... it's in Surfers Paradise... and has about five years to run before the Opening Ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment