Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Monday

M's picture of the visitor

It's always nice to have visitors but some are more welcome than others! Sy was coming today, with her trailer, to help M take some rubbish to the tip. In preparation, M was doing some tidying up around the side - which is when she found the "carpet-bagger"aka snake. She was very calm - Sooz said she only knew something was up when she heard M repeating the same word over and over again (no hints as to which one). We have no way of knowing how long it's been resting there, under the BBQ cover, but it wasn't there for long afterwards ... when Sooz and M arrived back from Aqua this afternoon they checked ... and it was gone. "But where?" I asked when they were telling me about it this afternoon - as I then carefully balanced my boots upside down on the laundry rack. It's funny though, because I had been thinking it was time there was a snake about ... I was fully expecting to see one this afternoon on my way from the office back to the car - and was pleased I had my work boots and long pants on should that encounter happen. "And you've got long sleeves" Sooz said as I told her this ... although I'm really not sure I would have the presence of mind to wind my shirt sleeves down if I saw a snake anywhere in the immediate vicinity!

Trivia was excellent. We came second - by one point. Ah, it all could have been different if we'd just chosen "Colours" as a bonus round - and listened more to each other. Still, it wasn't a bad score - and thanks to An's strategy suggestion - taking both bonus rounds in the first half we walked away with a $15 Voucher (half-time winner), a $30 voucher and 1 entry into the cash drawer (overall Second) and 5 drink vouchers since we correctly guessed the Baffler. And, just as importantly, we were able to agree a night for our Trivia dinner thanks to our $250 win in the cash draw a couple of months ago now. I also booked us in to the restaurant - so that's all a job well done! Heh heh - luckily (because it was not planned) we didn't book for a Monday night or we would have missed out on Trivia that week. Although maybe we could have gone to Tallai - which apparently has a cash prize on the night for the last three questions. It jackpots if it's not won and is currently over $700.

It is rubbish night tonight and even though I offered to tow the bin up to the road M said no, she'd take it up and by the time we arrived home it was out and the Christmas lights were on and welcoming us home. Just as well, because Pearl wasn't! It was a bit later tonight - we had lingered at the Club so Sooz could win a jackpot ... and so we would have more of a chance of remembering to take the Meat Tray with us ... we failed miserably last week ... and didn't even think to collect it on Wednesday when the girls were there for Bingo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment