Friday, December 13, 2013

Thursday

9.10 11.12.13

How could I have forgotten what we did in the office yesterday? We set an alarm so we could make sure that we noted when the clock read: 9.10.11.12.13 or 9.10am on 11 December 2013. When we were still trying to work out the best way to photograph it on the computer - yes, I know, you would have thought that was something we would have planned beforehand - rather than in that one minute ... it changed. Luckily I had taken a screen shot - which was the clearest of all the photographs - just before it changed to 9.11.11.12.13 - which doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Gum 1

Pearl came for a walk with me this afternoon down to where the River Gum was felled in the storm. Alas, I didn't have my wide-angle-lens with me - so I wasn't quite able to portray the size of the tree - it was truly massive. I'm not sure what's going to happen to the wood, but I do think I heard something about B probably going to arrange to have the tree cut up and burned. It's going to be a big job.

I could say that nothing exciting happened at work today - but that wouldn't be quite the truth. Around lunchtime we could hear much laughter outside and saw that there were a group of people gathered in the doorway - and out in the yard taking photographs. In return for his prank of gaffa-taping someone's lunchbox shut, Nop had been "got back" which meant he was gaffa-taped to his lunchbox - and then he and it were gaffa-taped to a chair. See ... there's always something that gaffa tape is handy for.

We didn't get another storm today - but there was some excitement mid-morning when four of the guys came in from the worksite ... a brown snake, about a metre long, had been discovered in the form work and it had been decided that the wiser course of action was to give a snake-catcher a call and have them remove it. Hmmm ... now that I think about it, it wouldn't have been a bad move to take his name - just in case the snakes come back out this way.

Gingerbread house

Sooz arrived back from Nambour early this afternoon and she was able to successfully direct Jenny to Latimers. One of the first things they noticed when they came in was the Ginger Bread House that M won at her lunch at The Big House yesterday. It's very sweet and is probably destined to be at Mouse's for Christmas Day Lunch ... which reminds me, we'd better check if she still has the "Scratchie Christmas Tree" which will definitely need replenishing before it comes out on the day.

M had a productive day and finally secured a new oven for Mouse. Hopefully they will be able to have it working, if not completely installed, in time for Christmas. (I must ask if there has been any word on when the Russians are due.)

I was without a furry again last night - I don't know if Maggie is still in the spa or not (she was this morning but asked to be let out before I steamed up the bathroom when I had my shower), but Tinka was last seen trotting towards Sooz's bed, and Pearl was asleep in the breezeway.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment