Sunday, December 22, 2013

Tuesday

"A tree fell on my house" one of the other customers proclaimed at Maccas this morning - and because of that she was after anyone who could tell her where she could get some help to remedy the situation. Finally someone was able to tell her and by the time I left, she was in the middle of a phone call with someone who was about to come out to take care of her roof - and assess the damage caused by the fall. You just never know what type of damage a storm is going to wreak - and it's no wonder they put out those storm warnings reminding everyone to "batten down the hatches".

Triva dinner

When we were talking about it at dinner tonight with Sy - and how scared Sooz was when the storm roared over Latimers yesterday - she said it sounded like a 747 was about to land on the house (reminder of the remake of "War of the Worlds" when the plane did almost fall on the house) - Syl offered to come out and do a "storm proofing" - so Sooz would know how to be "safe" if it happened again - and given the regularity with which we are being hit with big storms, I would say that would be a "when" rather than an "if".

The dinner, was, of course, and finally, our Trivia Team dinner - mostly paid for by our $250 win in the draw some months back now. Prompted by Sooz, we decided to go to the Mecca Bah in Broadbeach - and we ended up as 12 in all - including most everyone who has been at our Trivia table at one point or another (except for the French visitors, Jean-Louis, Pat and Lou and ... I think that's about it for the missing folk). It was a great meal, helped along by excellent choices by Fl and Mi ... great company ... and a bit of a late night - which was a shame given it was the second late night in a row ... and as I arrived home I rejoiced in the fact that we hadn't arranged to do the Tallai Trivia tomorrow evening.

The new Nikon

Syl had her new camera at dinner tonight - she is keen to get back into photography and a new Nikon would seem just the thing to do it with ... including a wide and telephoto lens. I don't know how they manage to keep making these things more compact ... Nik would look like a giant compared to Syl's. (I must make some time to learn how to use my new telephoto lens - it's no good if it just sits in the bag!)

When we did arrive home, we had to remember not to give Pearl any treats because she has a Tev visit in the morning - to have some tests to find out why she's puffing (could be her liver) and why her mouth appears to be bleeding.

Did I mention that I made the quickest of trips into OfficeWorks on the way home. I may be going there too often - either that or business is slow there although I wouldn't believe that for a second - the staff have started offering to help while I'm in store! I guess that's better than me having to track them down to ask them for help ... because you know I would (and do!)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment