Sunday, December 8, 2013

Saturday

Henry

Masterplan of the day ... go to SeaWorld and get a photo (or maybe two) of Henry the new Polar Bear Cub. This meant sleeping in until 7:30 - doing the cat tray ... it's a while since I started the day with one of them! - taking Pearl for her walk (because we all know I was going to get in a step or two at SeaWorld), having a quick breakfast with Sooz, making sure I had my newly-purchased VIP pass - and making sure I had all the camera gear I needed ...and still be at SeaWorld in time to be at the end of a very long line. But it was all worth it because, as suggested by SeaWorld when I rang earlier in the week - the cub is often out first thing in the morning - although, at some points while I was waiting in the admission line, I felt I wasn't going to get in to Polar Bear Land that long before lunchtime. Impatient? Much!

Leah

Unbeknownst to me, Ne was also at SeaWorld today with his granddaughter - although they arrived shortly after I left - not hard given I left just before lunchtime as Sooz and I were planning to go to dinner tonight at The Big House - using vouchers won during The Great Swipings (thanks again M) - which meant I definitely needed a nana nap this afternoon.

Henry

We were at Jupiters early - before 5:30pm - and who should we bump into there but Az and Mo who were doing the same thing as we were - cashing in vouchers and having a free meal at Food Fantasy.

I ended up not having that nana nap, instead I caught up with The Blacklist ... hmm ... it presents so many questions:  Where to now? And just what is Lizzie to Red? We'll have to wait until at least January 2014 to find out!

Leah

The kids were well-behaved today in their mother's absence. I took Pearl for a walk this afternoon while Sooz was feeding the feline furries. Maggie has been spending a lot of time in the spa (like being on a holiday retreat for her) and Tinka chose to spend the night on Sooz's bed tonight.

We didn't see any new Christmas lights on our way home - we had gone for a short drive through the immediate area on Thursday night looking at what was on offer and even though some were much bigger productions than others - you could see that everyone who had lights up had at least made the effort!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment