Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tuesday

Where does the time go? But at least OfficeWorks is open until 9pm weekeday, which is where I was this evening, picking up some stationery and absolutely loving the opportunity to wander around the almost empty store (no need to hide the stationery "drool" this way). I am still in awe of their walls of pens ... and I could happily spend the evening trying different ones except I have so many pens now, I really can't justify getting even one more. <Sigh>

There was no sign of Mr Snake today - although we are on the lookout for him. Mind you, it was dark by the time I arrived home - and I took great care to ensure my boots were off the ground and upside down - not that the snake could fit in them of course - well, not an adult one! I wonder how long before he or a friend wIll be back ... and how do you "sex" a snake ... as in tell its gender? Not that I'm ever likely to be that close to one ... but it is interesting. It reminds me of when they brought in the "fast" method of sexing chickens where accredited sexers can do hundreds in an hour.

I took the opportunity while I was up their way to have dinner with Jo in Ormeau.The family was there too. The focus was on a woman who had just moved over from New Zealand - a friend of Ke's daughter. She had been having a hard time in NZ and had arranged to move in with Su (Ke's daughter) but had fled to Australia (with her 14-year-old daugther) two weeks earlier than planned after a visit by "the mob" who wanted "their colours" back and were prepared to bash her to retrieve them. Also getting a mention, but not much of one, was Jo and Ra's trip to Canada - starting Monday - and the boy who has for the last two days been holed up in Ca's bedroom with her. Ca's had, when last heard from, texted to see what was for dinner!

You just have the quiet life at Latimer, with the furries - they don't get into much strife!

No comments:

Post a Comment