Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday

The 600 Race this weekend will not have a fly-over, or is that fly-past?, but there was one today. I had been tempted to slip out of work to go down to the Gold Coast Seaway to watch the four jets come in and then start their track down the coast - but in the end decided not to - becauseby then it was whether it was worth going up to Noosa to watch the twenty jets fly over - because they weren't supposed to be coming this far down. Well, the Gold Coast Bulletin was wrong - and they did come all the way down - the original four plus the 16 or so new jets, just arrived from the US. Mouse saw them though and they were good. Not sure why we didn't hear the second lot come through - may be because we weren't expecting them. Although if they had been anything like the ones that used to zoom past when we lived on the Coast when I was a teenager, you would have been able to hear the bang of the sonic boom as they broke the sound barrier.

I was ready to conk out by the time I arrived home this afternoon (is it tsetse fly season?) so I made an executive decision to get a "pass"on Family and Friends dinner tonight. It was a shame too because we were going to try out the new Vegetarian restaurant in Broadbeach - in fact, the others still did and enjoyed it very much; but then, it looked more than okay when we went in to book it the other evening.

Pearl is still sore today - but not as, and I think she was glad to have the company this evening - not that I was around much ... after I kept falling asleep on the couch I finally capitulated and was in bed and asleep by 8:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment