Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday

After my overnight visit, S and I made it away from Kyogle this morning at 9:30 as planned- the first time - and by 10am the second time. Unfortunately we had taken the motel room key with us and when they phoned we knew we had to go back. I was just pleased that they phoned while we were still only 10 minutes out of town - although on that road it is just a bit difficult to find a safe place to turn around. But we did - and as I told them when we pulled up - it was great to see them all again because I didn't think we would be back so soon!

It was a good drive back up the coast and we were at Bumbles in good time for lunch with S and A who were dropping off their dogs Coco and Max with friends who will mind them while they (S and A) are overseas. They are off to the US for five weeks including Boston, New York and Austin. It sounds as though they are very much looking forward to it too. It was good to see them again - it's been a while since I saw S and more of a while since any of us had seen A.

I was tidying up my desk this evening and when moving the nerd gun, turned it on unintentionally. How I miss that sound - although admittedly more so when I'm setting up an ambush rather than about to be the subject (or is that "object") of one aka the innocent victim.

Not quite sure who is responsible, but the winter weather is back first as we're farewelling the first month of Spring. The wind is blowing a gale and it's chilly enough that all the furries are in this evening without us having to call them. I think they're also glad to have S back as she's the one who most consistently has cuddle time with them in front of the television.

M rang from Turkey this evening and missed M who was out. She knew that we hadn't had Friday Night Family and Friends Dinner last night (because Mi went dancing, S and I were in Kyogle, and F was taking it easy after a few days on the tiles - literally. (The other "on the tiles" means having a good time and this didn't sound like that at all.))

No comments:

Post a Comment