Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday

Even though it looked like there were storms brewing around the valley this afternoon, there was little rain. Rain is forecast for the next few days though - which will be good, especially if it happens on the weekend and there is an opportunity for some (guilt-free) video viewing.

IOS 5 has arrived and even my strategy of getting home early (no Zarraffa's for me this afternoon) wasn't enough to ensure a trouble-free load. It went smoothly enough - although it took a very long time - and my iPhone still hasn't restored with everything I had on it before the update. And it's amazing how much you miss a ring tone when it's no longer there. Still, I'm hoping the functionality will be worth it - although some of it just doesn't seem to work on the phone - like the split keyboard and the "unlocked" keyboard where you're supposed to be able to move it anywhere on screen - but given how small the iPhone screen is, it may be practical that this functionality has been excluded. I'm looking forward to playing with the rest of it though.

S and I tried something a little different for dinner this evening - we went to the Mexican restaurant, Fajitas, at Worongary. I'm not sure if it was because we were maybe considering having a dessert (at 9pm) but the waitress assured us that they were licensed until midnight. Midnight? I wonder if she missed our reactions which would have told her that was way past our bedtime or that one of us had to rush home to have another go at restoring her iPhone.

Because it was overcast on the way to and from the restaurant, there was no chance of even glimpsing last night's moon again - but there's always tomorrow night. I will be over near the beach (we have a work lunch out) and depending on how long it goes (at least 5pm I've been told) there may be an opportunity to sit and wait for the moon to rise out of the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment