Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday

It was raining cats and dogs this morning which meant there would be no breakfast out for Pearl this morning. She was a bit scared by the storm and after she came down to be with me, she asked to be let in with M and she seemed calmer after that. I can't imagine what she would have been like if we had caught the full brunt of the storm (like Toowoomba and Dalby) rather than just the tail end of it - or how we would have been it the power had gone out. It would have been more difficult to go out for breakfast if the power had been out. And it would have made it more difficult to do the treadmill - which I had done before the others were up as well as some computer stuff and, of course, making sure that everyone who needs it had had their insulin.

You could tell Pearl knew we were off somewhere - regardless of what people might think, she really can tell what day it is. She gave us her really long dog face as we drove off. Pearl would have enjoyed breakfast at Crave with us - but I'm not sure the rest of us would have enjoyed "wet dog" and we all know that there is nothing as friendly as a wet dog - so there is no knowing just how friendly Pearl - who always is - would have been!

After breakfast, S and I went out and about, ending up at the Gold Coast Arts Centre where S watched The Whistleblower which she described as good but hard work. While she was doing that I was having a walk and a coffee and tea at the Cafe there - and catching up on a couple of episodes of television - Terra Nova and Modern Family the latter causing me to laugh out loud a couple of times - which was fine (I like laughing) except I was sitting by myself in a cafe at the time! At least I had headphones on so I didn't look like I was just randomly laughing out loud at ... nothing.

We were going to go out to a dance this evening but another storm came over (not dropping hail on us but it did on other parts of the Coast) and the pull of music and gyrations was not enough to pull us out of the house - or away from doing my tax. There was some talk about possibly going to the dance later but ... not to be. Ah well, there's another one in a couple of weeks and the furries seemed happy to have the company on a Saturday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment