Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday

I know why the rest of me is sore but what about my buttocks?!? It had me puzzled until someone said it was more likely the muscles at the top of the backs of my legs. Just like Pearl when she helped M with the branches the other day.

I managed to get to OfficeWorks today- I had to pick S up from downtown Southport so I took the opportunity to get in there early and do a quick circuit of the store. I had fngotten how much I love stationery and associated items and surprisingly, I managed to walk out of the store after parting with less than $15; for four erasable pens and a convertible pen - according to its barrel, it used to be a toner cartridge.

S was fairly exhausted after her day out which included paying close attention to detail for a good few hours. I think she was as happy as I to reach Zarraffa's-my usual afternoon chill-out zone.

The furries seemed very happy to see us when we finally arrived home-and while away Tinker came out to meet us, there was no sign of Pearl. When S asked where's the watchdog?"I did catch a glimpse of her _sitting on the other side of the glass sliding door doing what a good watch dog does... watching. She did come out when we called her, but I am used to a bit more enthusiasm from her - hopefully this doesn't mean she's still sore.

M wasn't home in daylightso the ROM will have to wait until tomorrow. Hopefully the mowing I did yesterday will be enough to deter any slitherin's who want to come calling.

As I was taking the rubbish and recyclng up to the road this evening, I realised how grateful I was to have seen the deceased snake other than in the half light of dusk when I was unhooking the Otto bins (why are they called Otto bins?)from the Land Rover! Folks would have heard my screams from Southport.

Is more rain on the way? The Kookaburra colony down the back was in fine, and full, voice this afternoon so it's possible, although the sky was a brilliant red - Shepherd's delight - so maybe not. The Weather forecast says rain tonight, fine tomorrow. (We'll see if they're right. )

No comments:

Post a Comment