Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday

There was a mob of kangaroos in one of the paddocks down near the road this morning; must have been about a dozen if them - just sitting (one on the lookout) and others reclining. It was a lovely sight - reminding me of how close to nature we can be out here - and quite unexpected.

Almost like the hot air balloon which seemed to fill the sky above the road as I was turning on to Gilston Road the other morning. I would have loved to take a photograph of the balloon Ptolemy effect but the only place it would have worked was in the middle of the intersection and that seemed as thought it might be a bit of a safety hazard. Still, it was a magnificent sight which I'm hoping will be repeated someday when I have a camera at the ready to capture it ... that is if it is possible to capture the Ptolemy effect with something other than the human eye.

The lawn still looks good today although I still have to get round to the front to give that a go with the push mower.

The nestlings are still there - and the plovers around the back are being even more protective of their nest area so there must be chicks by now!



No comments:

Post a Comment