Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday

The day started as usual with an early start, a stint on the walking machine, a Milo and then the Sunday Skype call with T is Sydney. She is using Tabby (her Android tablet) and because she doesn't yet have a headset the conversation quality (just technically) is sometimes a bit patchy.

S had made a fruit salad for everyone for breakfast and that was very nice - a real treat and a good first course as I was looking forward to Pide at the Markets as well (for my carb hit). That was almost more than I had bargained for ... today's chili variety was much hotter than last week's jalapeƱo version. it was N and V's first time back at the Markets since their return from their overseas travels - and the chili have N the hiccups. This is the first time I have seen this reaction to spicy food - usually it's a running nose and profuse sweating. But the Pide was good - and I was determined to have a second piece - which was still quite hot even though I had scraped all the filling from it.

After seeing the snake (albeit dead) yesterday, it was definitely time to cut the grass - an exercise that was interrupted the other afternoon when the belt came off ROM while M was mowing. I really should have looked at it then rather than while she was out because I couldn't get it back on. I think it's a different problem but will need M to confirm that tomorrow. If it is, then we may need both of it to re-thread it - I tried but really needed to be a contortionist or to have a third hand. But notwithstanding that small problem, the mowing still needed to be done so I pulled out the push mower. Luckily I had listened when M told me how to start it - although until it actually did (start) I was a little dubious. And just as well it did start easily enough because I had to keep restarting it because each time the grass-catcher filled - and that was every 15 steps or so, the mower would stop. I'm sure that's a safety feature but it was fairly annoying.

We didn't go into The Big House to watch the Rugby Final with Mi and F. Or to have a swim - although I was tempted by this - and would have gone except for the mowing. But if we had we would have missed Junior MasterChef - yes, we could have taped it but it wouldn't have been the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment