Saturday, October 26, 2013

Friday

Who knew the Sisters Restaurant (Italian fare) in Nerang had closed? I suspect M had a clue because we offered to pick her up some dinner if she wasn't going out (she was) and when we told her where we were planning to go she said "if it's still there". Sooz really felt like Italian so when we couldn't eat there, and decided it was too far to go to the Italian Club, we decided to take our chances and see if we could find something over at Worongary. We were lucky - the Belvedere Restaurant is there and as soon as I saw the red white and green stripes (I'm not sure what order they're in) I knew Sooz was going to get her Italian afterall. Except she was going to have to wait for it ... as soon as we looked like sitting down, the waitress told us there was at least a 40-minute wait for the kitchen ... which turned out to be a 40-minute wait until she would put our order in. In the meantime, we ordered a garlic pizza to munch on as we chatted - and, surprisingly, by the time our meals arrived - there was no sign of the garlic pizza. It came a little later, and they didn't charge us for it;  but I was glad it did come because I needed it to make up my dinner - I was having the soup of the day - Minestrone. When we arrived, the woman at the table next to ours was having the Minestrone and it looked good - and it truly was - but not enough by itself to fill me up.

I don't think I mentioned that we'd had a fire drill at work yesterday. It was good - we were all out of the building and at the muster point within two and a half minutes - so you have to be pleased with that. They're going to have a mock emergency at the work site next week - and that would be really interesting to watch. Le, one of the other Site Admins, says that during her time with the Navy she took part in mock helicopter crash drills - and she wasn't even a medic! They were fairly elaborate too.

The cats were much more compliant this evening when they were called to come in ... and even though they did take a little while, they weren't as slow as they were the other evening. Tinka came in and jumped on the bed with me and stayed there until I had fallen asleep - although I think she was still there when I woke up around 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment