Friday, October 18, 2013

Thursday

I sometimes think I don't hang out with women enough. We had one of the reps from one of our tradie providers drop in on us in the office today (bearing cups of coffee ... and home-made bikkies!!!) and talk turned to the pre-start meetings and how our boys seemed to be leaving the Site Office later than they used to. Finally, it was decided it might just have something to do with the new smoko van and it's driver ... the curvaeous brunette with the short shorts and ... well, you get the idea. The rep then talked about the smoko van that goes to another site she visits ... where the young woman is dressed much the same but has something called "hooker heels" (which I'm now trying not to think about) - and how the crew on site have a pool on how long it will be before she mis-steps on the gravel in their car park. Hopefully when it does happen - and they are sure it will - she doesn't injure herself. Nope, give me good old fashioned work boots any day! I was surprised how different are things are with the boots too. I tend to drive faster with them - they're a bit heavier than my runners and just resting them on the pedals tends to give a faster drive ... the police can just call me "boot foot" if/when they pull me over. Also, it's further to reach the floor to pick things up ... who would have thought they would make a person taller!

I'm sure things happened at Latimers today but I'm not sure what they were because I didn't have the opportunity to catch up with Sooz or M. I know Sooz watered the garden because she was doing that when I arrived home; and I know that M and Pearl did some tree-trimming, but that's about it. Oh wait, the technician (not our usual one - he's on holidays at the moment) dropped in to fix the Ratings box which hasn't been transmitting results back to base for a while. Hopefully that will work now and they'll be able to track our viewing habits again ... so we can help shape what the Australian public sees on their television sets!

The Cabaret ad was back on television this morning - this time with revised dates. The show goes on - for another week or so at least.

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Nerang, Lars was off with the mechanics. It has been a while but Frank and Billy welcomed him back with open arms ... and gave him a service, new front brake pads, an oil change, and hopefully an additivie that will stop him from blowing smoke while he idles ... this is caused by hardening of the piston stem seals and will require a new head to completely fix the problem. I'll also have to do something about the whosey-whats at the front (I think my eyes did glaze over) but that's not urgent. And, said Billy, you'll have to be careful "not to over-capitalize". But we love Lars, I said, he has sentimental value ... so does my fridge, he replied, but when it stops keeping the beer cold, it has to go! You never know where life's lIttle nuggets are going to come from, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment