Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wednesday

Well, today's the day where I always have problems working out spelling. Our Muslim friends are celebrating Eid Mubarak today and one wants to wish them happy "something" but it's hard to know the spelling. I go through this every year so today, I thought, let's just ask someone and since I was at work at the time, I did. "Buy rum" said K1 helpfully - she had never heard of it so I took the opportunity to fill her in ... and then went off to the interweb which gave the same answer on the first three hits so ... Happy Bajram! M went off to breakfast at the Sheraton with the family and they must have had a good time because they were apparently still there at lunchtime!

M had taken Sooz off to research at Currumbin before she went to breakfast, so that made for a relatively early start for them both. It was a busy day for M, come to think of it, I'd only just arrived home after work, had a chance to say a quick hello, before she was on the phone and then, as I took the opportunity to take Pearl for a walk up to B's (steps, steps, steps) she was in the car and on her way out again.

Fin! Game over.

That left Pearl and the other furries on their own for the evening as Sooz and I were off to Syl and Anita's for dinner. Anita's birthday is coming up in a minute and I have agreed to put photos onto a video loop for them for display on the day. They were going to go M.O.S. (aka "silent") but they have now agreed that I can set it to music ... and we all know that that leaves the option of turning the sound down if they want to! Then, photo transfer and dinner out of the way, Anita brought out the Scrabble Board and we settled in for a game ... which turned into a surprisingly quick game so we were still away by 9:30 so I could still make my 10pm bedtime ... it is a school night afterall.

Well, those noodles from yesterday never did make it out of the fridge and into the car to come to work with me. I'd been looking forward to them though so when it turned into "Tuckshop Wednesday", they weren't getting any complaints from me! I've saved half of my lunch from today for tomorrow, and it's in the fridge at work, so as long as I remember it's there, it's all good.

Kathy came today - our first (professional) clean at Latimers for a couple of weeks - both Kathy and Jenny had, for various reasons, had to cancel their visits. M had stepped into the breach though and given the floors (and probably something else which I didn't notice) a good going over last week.

There was an ad for the (new) Cabaret show at Jupiters on television this morning - and even though it's the 15th today, the dates on the ad had it finishing 4 days ago. I wonder if they've extended the season and not updated the ad. Do people read the small print ... besides me that is, I read it because I was fairly sure the show was having a really short run and that it should have been well and truly over by now. It is supposed to be spectacular though so I might check it out and see if Sooz wants to go.

Fl is off to Malaysia today with "the boys" - his brother, his brother's older son, and Fl's two boys. That's going to leave Mi on her lonesome but I somehow don't think she's going to be at home crying into her pillow for the duration of their excursion. Fl wasn't sure how long they were going to be away but hopefully he won't be away too long ... Trivia's on Monday night and we need his help if there's a "facial recognition" round. The last time he was away and there was one, we managed four between the rest of us; we MMS'd him the photos after the round was done (no phones/iPad during play) and he just reeled them off - 8 of the 10 - just looking at them. We had to agonise over our four!! And he's pretty good at general knowledge too. He will be missed if he doesn't get back in time. And he'll be missed at the Markets ... we've been spoiled by him doing the coffee runs there (as well as at Trivia)!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment