Saturday, October 26, 2013

Thursday

It's amazing how much time work takes up especially when it's Team Meeting day. I do the Minutes (and this is only my second time since I've been there) and when we were talking about some of the environmental issues one person commented that we had to be careful because, since we are in the business of building roads, people think "we're in the business of rape and pillage".

Sunset

There was a brilliant sunset on the way home ... it lasted for ages, so I was able to take photographs of it from Nerang (OfficeWorks car park), from Gilston Road, and from Latimers Crossing Road as well.

Sooz did washing today (thank you). Alas, it looks as though my uniforms will need to be ironed. That's a shame! But talking about ironing ... I am planning a big wardrobe clean out - and decided that the clothes I was prepared to iron would be the ones I'd keep - and even as I was thinking this, somewhere else in my brain I heard a question about where you'd find people to come and do the ironing for you, and how much that particular service might cost!

Thursday is CSP night and we called in to Q1 for dinner at the Fast Wok before we went into The Big House. At Sooz's request, I'd picked up some lamb steaks for her on the way home (I'd needed to go to the shopping centre anywhere to get my hair cut) - and, by their accounts, both she and Pearl enjoyed them - although Sooz had to cook them this time.

M and I should have known better when we sat down at the CSP table (send us a sign?) when there was a problem with the first hand we missed out on which looked as though it could hold up play for a while. We went upstairs for a coffee and to watch one person playing Roulette, before we made our way back downstairs to see if the CSP Table was operating again. It was, and I took the only chair available (the same seat I was sitting at when we first arrived) and it was only a couple of minutes before a spot opened up for M. We should have known to walk away at the point when one of the first hands the dealer had was three Kings. The guy who had trips 4s on that hand must have thought he was in with a good chance ... but, alas, no. That set the tone for the rest of the time we were at the table - although M did manage to get trips which the dealer didn't beat and which he did open on.

On the way home we were supposed to pick up some milk for Sooz, and while we talked about it as we climbed into the car at TBH, neither M nor I thought of it again until we were turning into the laneway from the main road. D'oh. Ah well, at least there is some milk at home for Sooz to have - and M has offered to take her into Nerang for breakfast in the morning, and they can pick up some milk then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment