Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Tuesday

Well, I was wrong. Pearl was home yesterday morning - M brought her home on Sunday night but I didn't see her. She must have been in M's room, probably sleeping still, after the excitement of being at Mouse's for the weekend. I think it was a late night on Sunday night as well ... Sooz was saying that after the Movie on Sunday night, M did an errand for David which involved going out to Mudgeeraba, then calling in to see Mi and Fl to have some scanning done, and then taking Mouse home (she went along for the ride) and then, finally, back to Latimers.

Pens ... and more pens

It was nice to arrive home this afternoon and for Pearl to come out to greet me, followed soon after by Tinka.

I finally made it to the new OfficeWorks in Nerang today ... I called in there on the way home this afternoon. It is amazing ... and the first time I have had a store (almost) between work and home. I have a feeling I am going to be a regular visit - if only to admire the "great wall of pens". Actually, there are three - and they have set it up so you can try the pens out ... which is how I came to buy two pens that I hadn't seen before. They are 1.0mm tips and ... oh, there are no words to describe the joy of how it feels when they lay down ink! I am looking forward to using them when I take the Minutes of a meeting at work tomorrow ... and I was even looking forward to doing paperwork at home this evening so I could use them ... even it was to write 'CANCELLED' on something.

Storm?

The new episode of "The Blacklist" is here and I greedily gobbled it up tonight. Maggie came to bed with me and started to watch it as well ... I was just sorry that the first bit she saw had a barking dog in it, but it didn't seem to phase her too much. I did notice, though, that she lost interest not long after that. ("The Walking Dead" is back, too, but there's no way I can watch that before I go to sleep - that's nightmare territory right there!)

Sooz had another big day with Jen on the research route and was ready for a rest this evening. I picked up NoodleBox on the way home ... and I must remember to take the leftovers with me to work for lunch tomorrow.

It looked as though we would get a storm this evening but I don't think it eventuated. It looked good though ... ominous is the word they use I think.

David and his family have gone back to Sydney ... the meeting with the University has been deferred until next week and they'll be back then for it. It must be very anxiety-making for him to be in this tertiary limbo.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment