Saturday, October 26, 2013

Wednesday

Barbie

It was an interesting day at work ... we had a BBQ to mark the Milestone of "The Switch" and to recognise the efforts of three workers in particular. It is no doubt that it was a study in Orange! And it was all go-go-go to get it done in time for the 10 o'clock start - especially since there were still Certificates to be printed, signed and laminated as well as salads to prepare, meat to cook, breadrolls to butter, beetroot to untin etc etc etc. It was just as well I didn't have a big lunch because Sooz and I received an invitation to join Mouse, M and Mi for dinner this evening. M is staying overnight at The Big House with Mouse and they thought it was a good opportunity, with Fl and the boys still away (are they in Singapore yet?) to have a girls' dinner. And it was good to have dinner at The Big House, too, because M had a draw this evening.

More Barbie

Dinner was at Vivo and, it was, as always, very nice, although I think this time I made the wrong choice (Mouse too?) but it was good food, good company ... and the dessert was fantastic!

Even better though was that M won third place in the draw (yes, first would have been even even better). We were having a good time, waiting for dinner, all deep in conversation when I looked at my watched and saw it was 3 minutes to draw time. She made it there just as they were calling her name so, luckily, she didn't have to endure people tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, telling her that her name was called and that she missed it. Phew!

Both Maggie and Tinka were out when we arrived home and they refused to come in when I called them. In the end I went out and carried Tinka in ... and then went back out (as Sooz held on to Tinka) and carried Maggie in ... closed the doors ... and lockdown was achieved. If I hadn't gone out to get them they probably would have ended up staying out there the entire night. Sooz thinks it's because of the moonlight ... and that they're on the hunt! The watchdog was just ... watching ... when we arrived home and we had to encourage her to go outside to do what she does there (and that does not include going down to Fox Hollow or having a feed of avocadoes!). When I went to bed (much too late because I was looking at the photographs Syl had sent via An and M) and then I was foofing around for a while before finally making myself turn off the computer, ablute, and go to bed. Maggie was sleeping on the tiles in the corner of the bedroom, behind the fan, but once I settled she jumped up on the bed and then she ... settled. I left Pearl positioned in the loungeroom ... almost exactly half-way between Sooz and I. I think she was missing her mother!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment