Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Saturday

Sooz and I had breakfast without M this morning - even though it is a Saturday. She thought S and I were having "date day" so she'd arranged to meet Mouse at Marina Mirage for breakfast after M had been Deep Water Running. It was meant to be though because just as Mouse was leaving home she received a call from San and Sar and they met Mouse and M for breakfast there. Sar would have been working but the weather conditions were too rough for him to take the boat out. They had a good time though, and M has now identified a new breakfast venue.

Sooz and I went to Daniel Stuart's which was open this morning unlike last time (the holiday weekend) when they were closed on the Saturday and, since we were already in Southport by the time we found out, we went to 42Fifteen instead. That didn't happen today though ... finally I had my favourite bacon and eggs again - and an excellent cup of coffee ... okay, okay, we all know it was a mug of coffee - but only the one!

Just as I was paying the bill, a woman started chatting with me. She'll be having breakfast there on Thursday ... her first time ever even though she has been availing herself of their coffee for some time. She is a "westie" and proud of it. She says that being from the other side of the tracks gives you a bit more character. I wasn't about to argue with her.

Then Sooz and I went off to Ferry Road to get bread and other provisions. I couldn't believe our luck when we were able to park right at the front door. While S was shopping, I, of course, fell into the Greenhouse shop again. Contrary to the name, it has nothing to do with gardening ... it is an upmarket curio shop of sorts - with loads of nice things to give as gifts - or to pamper yourself with.

Next stop ... Target at Southport Park to get someone to take out the anti-theft tags that were still firmly attached (two of them) in the pyjamas that Sooz had brought me for a present yesterday. That done, we did a spot of looking before Sooz took a call from M and we arranged to meet her for a coffee there.

The afternoon is a blur ... maybe because I spent so much time looking at the computer screen as I started work on An's birthday presentation. It is great fun, and with Sooz's help, I was able to find music for most of the "sections". There's some good stuff there ... and hopefully An and Syl will like it as well!

The furries are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment