Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Monday

It wasn't a late night last night but this morning it feels like a truck has run over me. I hope it passes soon - and that I can stay awake once I get to work. It would be a bit embarrassing to fall asleep at my desk ... as though falling asleep at Maccas isn't!

It was, thankfully, a busy day at work - with no down periods. I have now sourced an auto-electrician to look at DP's flashing lighty-thing and he'll take it there tomorrow. I've made him a little map so he shouldn't have any troubles finding it.

It was a quick turnaround at home this evening as I prepared for Trivia. Sooz was ready by the time I arrived home and, for just a moment, I considered wearing my work boots out - but then I decided if I'm not prepared to wear them inside at home, I shouldn't be prepared to wear them inside anywhere else (except work of course, and anywhere between home and work). I cannot believe how long it takes for me to change from boots to shoes and vice versa ... although, obviously, I'm not doiing it at the same time.

Trivia was good - although we were again without Fl. He rang this afternoon to say he wouldn't be able to make it - he's flat on his back on his couch and unable to move. His back has been sore since he came back from Singapore - he thinks it may have something to do with the plane seats - and it is not getting any better. At this point, even with the visit to the doctor, and having a massage today, he is seriously considering putting off his trip to New Zealand at the end of the week. Which reminds me ... I saw a bumper sticker this afternoon which said "QueeNZlander" ... the best of both worlds one would think.

Notice how well I changed the topic from Trivia there ... not mentioning that we weren't on the Podium ... and wasn't Trudi just a bit cheeky asking if we were going to come last again this week?

Sooz and M called in on An on their way to Aqua this morning - they were running early. Sy was at work, but they did have a catch-up with An, who has been busy in the garden with Syl for the last few days.

M took Tinka to the vet today - she hasn't been totally well ... and she was even less well in the car on the way there. Kudos to M for cleaning up after her even when she wasn't feeling terribly well herself. Tinka is now on tablets and should be okay in a day or so.

We're expecting storms over the next few days so they put out a notification to start battening down the site to the work troops today. One of the problems is that now that we're "clearing and grubbing" there is a chance that top soil could be washed away before it is fixed in place. We have a contractural (and one would hope, moral) obligation to have soil erosion measures in place within 24 hours of disturbing a site.

The feline furries were still outside by the time we arrived home from Trivia and while Maggie came in fairly quickly, Tinka came to within a couple of feet of the door before turning around and walking away. I decided not to chase her ... I didn't want her running away ... so when I took the recycling over a few minutes later, I went to talk with her about The Tevs visit, and then scooped her up and carried her inside. She didn't put up much of a struggle, especially when her cookies mad an appearance!

I missed taking Pearl for a walk this afternoon, but she and I had had a lovely walk up to B's this morning. She was good, too, because when a car was coming, I called her and she came. That's a big improvement!

There's no word yet on how David went with his Uni stuff but hopefully we will hear within the next day or so. They were supposed to hear on Friday, or today.

No comments:

Post a Comment