Friday, October 25, 2013

Sunday

Air power

FI is still in Malaysia so, after offering Mick the opportunity to take control of the murse (aka kitty), and a no from him, I stepped in to do the coffee orders. I should have trusted my memory rather than pulling out my stylus to write the list on my iPhone - as soon as I had finished, and as I stood waiting for the coffee people to serve me, I realised I no longer had the screw-on cap for the stylus. D'oh. You really need the cap to protect the plastic tip that snaps onto the "nib"and allows the stylus to register on iDevice screens. M, Ner and Az joined the hunt and it was Az who finally found it ... it had rolled (as I had suspected it would) and come to rest up against the post near where we were sitting. Phew! I didn't want to have to replace yet another stylus! Afterwards, Ner pulled out his iPhone to show me that rather than using the stylus, you can just tap the order into the Notes application using your finger on the keyboard ... and that way there was absolutely no chance of losing the stylus! But ... where's the fun in that?

Beach erosion

Sooz and I had lunch at Main Beach, at the Southport Surf Life Saving Club. It was a good idea - because we soon found out that lots of people had had it. It turns out that there was a big bike race in the area (lots of bikes that is, rather than "big bikes"), and lots of them had met us with significant others and loved ones for lunch there! We ended up at a table inside with a huge seafood platter for 2. It's not often that both of us feel like seafood at the same time, but today was one of those days.

Afterwards we sat near the beach - the erosion is quite noticeable - and watched the ocean, and the surfers, and the seagulls, and the motorised parachute making its way up the beach.

I settled in to do some more work on An's presentation this afternoon. I am taking it round to try on their televisions tomorrow to make sure the format is right ... and I wanted to take around a complete section which will, at this point, be "The Army Years".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment