Saturday, June 2, 2012

Friday

You have to love the interweb. And you have to love the ability to make notes even more - especially if you remember to write things down. The "loving the interweb" remark did actually relate to something - but it is long gone now (since I'm writing this tomorrow).

It was a good day at work today, and it was a good day to be at work today because it was a wet and rainy day here on the Gold Coast. I put myself under headphones and just powered through paperwork - and the work day - looking forward to this evening.

M had suggested dinner at The Big House tonight - she has a voucher - and we are going to Vivo (which used to be the old Andriamos). It is our last night before she flies out tonight and is a chance for her to wish S a happy birthday since M won't be here for the actual day next Friday.

But first there were a couple of jobs to do - Tink has another appointment at the vet abnd she made the mistake of following me into the house when I arrived home - which meant I quickly closed the door after her - so she was in lockdown for when M arrived home.

But even with the vet visit (she was back up to around 15 when tested this afternoon and she's to be kept at 4 for her insulin shot morning and night) there was time for M to take me down the back and introduce me to the new pump and to show me how to change the pipes over. She also took me through the power board, in case there's a problem with the electricity in her absence.

Dinner was wonderful. As M said, It was nice to do something special. We lingered for a little while but then went off into The Big House proper, where we didn't get a seat on the CSP table, where S wasn't able to coax a win out of the machine she was on, but where we did get a free cup of coffee and managed to leave some of M's cash with one of the tables. (DId I say the coffee was "free"?)

It was a late night by the time we arrived home (via Mouse's) and S and I left M to it - and there were scrunching noises coming from M's room again into the early hours of the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment