Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday

It was a relatively easy start to the day since it was just going to work and S was in charge of the furries. Tink was incredibly co-operative again this morning and stayed "in bed" on the couch until I had given her her shot. Beazley came to me and asked to be let out - so I did him as he was about to walk out the front door. I would have been slightly more happier with the way the whole shooting process had gone this morning though if I hadn't managed to stick myself with Beazley's needle (unfortunately not a new one) before I loaded it up with his insulin. It didn't bleed much - and it gave me more of a shock than anything else. Needle stick - 2; K - 0. Ah well, at least I had the lights and my glasses on so it could have been worse. And now I've changed over to a new lot of insulin, I think it will be better - I was concentrating more on making sure I was getting insulin rather than air this morning when the needle (or was it my finger?) slipped. I hope not to make that mistake again.

The good news though is that stocks have rallied here on the back of some ... bad news. Yes, according to the SMH, the dollar rallied the most in half a year and local shares advanced after investors viewed a string of bad news as - paradoxically - a positive. I'm sure there will be more on the interweb for those who want to go into the details. Also in the news, the actor who plays Wilfred the dog (billed as sociopathic and bong-smoking - the dog not the actor) has to pay $325,000 to a bus driver he attacked when refused a seat at the races. What is the world coming to? Again, more details on the interweb for those who are interested.

Meanwhile, back at Latimers, S had Tink bundled up and ready for her vet appointment in great time this afternoon. She cried on the way there, even though I had covered her cage, but it wasn't all the way there - and it can't have been too bad because the newspaper at the bottom of her cage was only a little wet when we got there (and remained dry and clean on the way home!). She has to go back in a fortnight for another check-up - she was 18.5 today (a little high) so her insulin has been adjusted up again to 4.5 morning and night. That's a bit of a shame because it really is easier to do on the full number ... oh well, it's for Tink so we'll gladly do it. I brought her straight inside after the vets (remembering what M said to do) and she had her needle and some dinner without too much fuss - and only a little bit of hiding under the table.

Beazley must be feeling the cold because he's been sitting on S's lap - and when she went off to the kitchen to finish the dinner, he came over to the other lounge where I was sitting, and put himself on my lap! I've never seen such a thing! He could always take himself off down the back if he wanted to warm up ... yes, that does mean that B by name, B by nature has been at it again. I'm glad I know he likes lighting fires, otherwise the sight of the shooting flames down the back when I drove in this evening with Tink might have worried me ... a lot! B's been down and back a couple of times since we got home so he is being diligent with it and not just leaving it to its own devices.

Doug came today too - S had a bit of a natter with him - but I'm not sure what it was about, although the travellers did feature - and he was saying he didn't think his partner, Y, was keen to go back toRussia.

By the sounds of it (S and M had a Skype call this afternoon), Mouse and M will be happy to move on from Russia. The filming takes place this evening their time - and they haven't been told much about what's going on. They didn't sound that happy with the hotel the Russians are putting them up in - although I might have heard S's reviews incorrectly - 10 stations from the city, no wheelchair access in the city generally, sharing a bathroom, and there was something about the food as well and lots of less-than-happy folk. (Seoul, on the other hand, was a place that M is very much looking forward to visiting again.)

They who look after the mail were good today - birthday cards for S, a letter (an actual letter not a bill or piece of junk mail or anything else like that) for me, and mail from M's friends for her. Something for everyone! It doesn't get much better than this!

No comments:

Post a Comment