Saturday, June 23, 2012

Friday

I managed to get out and about at lunchtime today - which means I made it to Zarraffas at Crestwood for a cup of coffee. It was a welcome breath of fresh air at the end (well almost) of a busy work week! There was still more to do when I arrived back, but I still managed to be out of there by my normal finishing time. Roll on the weekend.

S went out to check on her phase planting today and was a bit surprised to find her baby spinach plants had been uprooted! Hmmm ... when she was telling me about it, I imagined it was one of the cats - since they're not using the litter trays inside very much, it stood to reason that they would like to dig in freshly turned soil. But S, with the evidence right in front of her, decided that a slightly larger animal was the culprit - given there was a very large pile of dirt in the middle of the felled spinach plants. And, in that mound, she found ... wait for it ... one of Pearl's bones!!! So someone did appreciate the freshly-dug soil.

We all went for a walk down to B's shed this afternoon and on the way S asks "Who loves me?" - and while I had an answer (me) this was not the answer she was after ... the answer she was actually after was ... Dolly! She seemed a little disappointed, too, that Holly and Dolly were in the middle of their dinner as we walked past their paddock because, even though Holly looked over in our (her) direction, she did not came racing over to the fence as she usually does now when S and Pearl pass.

Well, it has been a game of musical seats in the living room. Maggie is sitting in Beazley's seat, so we decided to let Beazley sit with me on the other couch - the one where Tink has been sitting. We thought it would be okay because Tink was outside ... but it didn't take long for her to come in and ask what was going on - she didn't wait for an answer ... once she saw someone black and furry was in her seat, she marched straight past and through to the kitchen. I had hoped she would jump on to the recliner - but she has other ideas ... so it looks like we'll have to try another configuration and see if that is any more successful for fitting everyone in.

At least I was glad I had my position on the big couch, with Beazley, who did a very good job of sending me to sleep before I even had a chance to do anything with my dinner dish and while MasterChef was still on. I'm not sure what prompted the comment but S told me - I don't think you should go on MasterChef. It wasn't something I'd even thought about doing but I asked why? I don't think you’d do very well she said, quite matter-of-factly, and I found that I couldn't argue with that. As we all know that while I might have been able to identify a few of the cakes in this week's elimination challenge, I would never be able to cook one!

And then it was bed time since we have an early start in the morning - we're off to Toowoomba to meet K-P, the new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment