Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tuesday

There was a giant flaming ball in the sky this morning and while that may have been cause for alarm, it was actually good to see the Sun again. Not that it brought a lot of warmth with it - it was a four-layer day until mid-afternoon. But it did dry things out a bit - so much so that L was able to get some mowing in this afternoon. I admit to being a bit envious when I drove down the lane and it had been mowed on either side. Alas, there would be no mowing in this part of Latimers this afternoon - after doing a little bit of shopping and checking the mail, I was headed straight inside for a rest after a day that seemed longer than it actually was. Not that a lot happened, of course, just that I was still feeling a little below par - but also a little better. I think tomorrow, if it is still fine, ROM will get to go out.

Both S and I took Pearl for a walk this afternoon and she seemed to enjoy that very much. We did see a rainbow as we walked along, and Pearl did roll in something she found on the road (but thankfully it wasn't that huge mound of manure in the paddock). We had another look to see if we could see the Plover chick but even though we could work out where we thought the nest was, we couldn't see the chick. And, apparently, the parents aren't as territorial now that the chick has hatched - although they are still very much on the protective side.

Robina Town Centre has been in the news again - this time for a stabbing. Two teenage girls there last Thursday evening started fighting, and one pulled out a knife, and both of them received stabbing injuries. It had originally been suggested that the fight was over a pair of shoes (you have them, no you have them) but then it was suggested it was over a boy (you have him, no you have him). Both were taken to hospital to have their wounds treated; and both have now been charged with various offences and will be dealt with under the Youth Justice Act. Knifings, shootings ... what will happen at Robina Town Centre next?

Anyone who wants a pup should put their hand up now because my sister's dog has just had nine pups. I'm not sure what they're planning to do with them but they looked fairly cute in the photo I saw. Also born today was my great-nephew (to my sister's daughter). They don't have a name for him yet - but he's 8lb, 21" long and has a head of jet black hair. Mum and baby are doing fine - although they were a bit concerned when T's blood pressure dropped during the birth. That's the amazing thing - Caesarian births have become so common place that people forget they are major surgery. Hmmm ... I had asked them to let me name the baby but they declined (and given some of my suggestions, I can't say that I blame them!).

Maggie slipped into our bedroom while S was out of it this morning, and seemed very comfortably ensconced there by the time S returned - and S was happy to leave her there - she said (as M does) that Maggie is really good at putting her to sleep - and it now seems - really good at waking people up with the coughing sounds that usually comes before they're just a little sick. She was okay but it seems to have changed S's mind - she's now not that keen now on having Maggie on the bed!

We let the furries who wanted to watch MasterChef with us this evening. It was an immunity challenge with three vying for pins in an antipasto platter cook-off against Jamie Oliver. Good fun and good viewing - and, even though none of the three beat Jamie, I think they were all just absolutely excited to have met him, and cooked with and against him.

I'm afraid we may have skewed the ratings though because we didn't change channels/turn off the television/avert our eyes (fast enough) before the next program started - TEN's new reality program, Being Lara Bingle. And who knew it was so hard to turn off the television when you’re running screaming from the room!? Seriously though, we watched the first minute or so, and that was enough ... as I told S, I swear I could feel brain cells leaching away (and I don't have that many to spare)!

No comments:

Post a Comment